Saturday 22 August 2015

Practise walking in my double plastic snow boots

So this afternoon I decided that I should Practise walking in my double plastic snow boots, as well as putting on the crampons with gloves. As far as the crampons go....holy moly..  They are sharp, they clang it looks like a piece of some alien's foot from one of those movies like predator or something like that..lol! I must say it was a challenge, but at least I'm getting there. I have been walking around in the house with my boots and it feels strange, Anyway it's for the greater good, so I'm not stressing...lol. I love these boots...they are massive but cute, if that makes sense :o)
Regarding the crampons. The best advice I can give you here is this:  YOUTUBE!!  I have learnt tons on there, from putting on crampons, ice axe self arrest and belay, etc.!  So to familiarise myself with crampons in general I watched a pile of videos from how to walk in crampons, different techniques and then how to get them on and off safely.  Do yourself a favour, go watch these videos, they will give you a bit more courage to attempt it yourself! You need to pack them point to point in the back to avoid the spikes spiking through the bag and causing chaos!Obviously, we live in Johannesburg SA, where there is no snow so I'll have to practising walking with the crampons on the mountain....I'm very excited ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment