Friday 11 September 2015

Base Camp -Day1

We all tried to get our gear sorted and our little bed areas as comfy as possible and then lunch was served at 12:30pm in our kitchen container by our expedition cook. The table was covered in food, biscuits and sweeties! Lekker 

After lunch we got our ice boots and crampons on for our first acclimatization hike up to the Priut Ruins-around 4100m!
The wind was howling and it was bitterly cold. 
Oh my....the views!! I cannot describe how amazingly beautiful it is here-I can't stop taking photos! And the landscape changes every few minutes with a little bit of sun, cloud, mist........the mist became very thick and its felt like we were gorillas in the mist...lo
We got back to the base camp and we freshed up... Camp style...& then we all jumped into our sleeping bags for some rest and relaxation before dinner at 7pm! 

I will try to upload pics later. At this attitude, there is hardly network coverage.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nazi

    You rock ! I'm so happy that you are enjoying every moment there & seeing Pangea flap flying I salute you keep up the spirit take care

    ReplyDelete